Organizing Notes

Bruce Gagnon is coordinator of the Global Network Against Weapons & Nuclear Power in Space. He offers his own reflections on organizing and the state of America's declining empire....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

The collapsing US military & economic empire is making Washington & NATO even more dangerous. US could not beat the Taliban but thinks it can take on China-Russia-Iran...a sign of psychopathology for sure. We must all do more to help stop this western corporate arrogance that puts the future generations lives in despair. @BruceKGagnon

Friday, July 15, 2011

ALMOST HOME

I am on the bus heading home. It's been a long day of traveling, first on bus from Ocean City, Maryland (I had a great visit with my cousin) to Washington DC where I took the Metro to the airport and then a plane to Boston. Then back on a bus to Portland where MB will pick me up for the 45 minute car ride home. A 13-hour trip in all.

I've kept up with my emails a bit and posted some of the sad news from Jeju Island below. Have not heard much about the July 15 trial yet that Sung-Hee Choi and eight others were facing. I did see something about the trial being delayed until August. That's the third time Sung-Hee's trial has been delayed since she went to jail on May 19.

I've been trying to stay in touch with the U.S. debt crisis controversy in Washington. I'd call it good cop-bad cop as both parties are surely going to keep whittling away at the "social safety net" for the poor and the elderly. The vast majority of Americans want higher taxes on the rich and they want the war $$ brought home but neither party is listening to what the people want. The Dems control the White House and the Senate yet they keep giving way to those in the other wing of the corporate controlled Congress.

I've got to get up early in the morning to head to Hallowell, Maine where a big parade is held each year (kind of a late 4th of July parade) and we are going to have a large Bring Our War $$ Home contingent doing our thing. Last year we joined it and right in the middle of the parade we stopped, made a big circle in the street, and began chanting "Bring Our War $$ Home" and the crowd starting chanting along with us. Was quite wonderful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home